At St Catherine of Siena, students participate in a daily Numeracy hour that encompasses the various domains of Numeracy including; number, measurement, shape and chance and data. We use assessment data extensively to drive our learning and teaching in Numeracy providing point of need teaching.
Throughout the learning of Numeracy at St Catherine of Siena students will:
- Understand mathematics concepts through hands-on approaches.
- Develop a repertoire of Numeracy strategies to help solve problems.
- Participate in opportunities to question and make Numeracy discoveries.
- Develop their knowledge and skills of Numeracy using everyday situations.
- Participate in Problem Solving activities that provide opportunities to plan and analyse various strategies to various situations in order to find solutions.
- Use technology to enhance their Numeracy skills and knowledge.